Thursday, March 26, 2020

IDAHO FINALLY SHUTS DOWN


Governor Little issued a “stay home” order for Idahoans yesterday (Wednesday, March 25). I just don’t think you can expect people to fully self-regulate through peer pressure in a situation like this, so I’m grateful for the order. Citizens and communities had somewhat stepped up to the responsibility, but it’s difficult to make such decisions on an individual basis. It’s just better to have a blanket order that leaves no doubt as to what you should do.

That said, I am relieved that both Idaho sons are employed in industries deemed essential, even though I want them to be safe. One works for the paper mill. They make toilet paper, and we now KNOW just how essential that is! He suggests that because people are hoarding the product, this will cut into future demand, but I say that there are many of us who didn’t hoard and will need to replenish.

It's a pretty day here but cold – below freezing. We’re off to the farm – another day trip. KW

2 comments:

Chris said...

I agree with you on the TP. Meanwhile, I saw a funny of FB that made me laugh. It said they used to spin the TP roll like it was the Wheel of Fortune, but now they do it like they're cracking a safe. I agree!!

Kathy said...

Haha! A friend said yesterday that she used to allow herself four squares. Now she uses only two. She was looking longingly at the TP she could see in her neighbor's garage. He works for the mill, and they provided product to their employees last week.