Friday, March 6, 2020

RUMMAGE SALE WEEKEND



This year's haul from the rummage sale. The doll will return to the sale.


I always look forward to my P.E.O. chapter’s annual rummage sale, even though it’s a lot of work and a little harder for our membership with each passing year. But when you like stuff – and I like stuff – it’s kinda fun. Set up was today. The sale is tomorrow.

And what did I find this year?
·      Books – Mike and I both selected a few. The most interesting of mine is a book of Christmas stories published in 1945.
·      A standard Pyrex pie plate. I was wishing not too long ago that I had second one, and there it was at the sale.
·      A brand new water bottle – at least, it looks brand new.
·      A “Snap-Wear” plastic container, which I will us for fabric storage.
·      Various other “smalls.”
·      A small tablecloth in a strawberry motif, a nice accent piece for the table at the farm.

The “find” that made my day was a “Hot Wheels” case filled with cars in good condition, and I know who gets it. When Hazel gets new clothes, “little brother” feels left out. He’s complaining that he never gets anything, so this should hold him for a while.

Original outfit
A dress I made
I also found an 18-inch “Our Generation” doll, Target’s answer to the American Girl. However, I only brought her home to clean her up, and she cleaned up ever so nicely. I like this doll! She’s more poseable than the American Girl. I think a doll is more fun if she has some clothes, so I provided some from my stash that turned out too small for Hazel. KW

5 comments:

Chris said...

She is a cutie! Maybe she'll come back home with you?? And what a nice idea to supply "little brother" with some fun items. He'll love them!

Kathy said...

If she's still there at the end of the sale, I will bring her home with me, but I suspect she will sell. A little cleaning and combing her hair improved her appeal, if it matters. As you know, this doll is what they call an American Girl "knock-off," but I think it's too bad that AG is held as the standard. This is an affordable option. She's solid, cute, and in some ways better. (This is not true of all knock-offs.)

But there are also other 18-inch dolls that we like to collect, like your new Clemmie, a Girl for All Time, and I look longingly at those, too.

Chuck said...

In your sale, can the people running the show have the first pick of the good stuff, before the sale begins?

Kathy said...

Hi Chuck!
Yes, those working the sale do get first pick. I make a donation that is more than they would get through sales for the items I take.

Becky said...

Yay on the Hot Wheels! Great find. And I know a little boy they will make happy! By the way he loved the legos. He started working on them right away. :)